Saturday, August 6, 2011

The End

The Harsh Cry of the Heron (Tales of the Otori, #4)The Harsh Cry of the Heron by Lian Hearn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


From beginning, formation and end this book and the series are everything you'd expect in a Japanese story (that's kind of a hint if you read or watch Japanese stuff).
From an American mind set so much of this seems like lunacy. I read through this book hating so many of the characters. I cringed at their actions scowled at their selfishness, cursing them for narrow minded ideas. And while it got me riled up I love that at got me involved.
I did feel that the book was too long, 200 pages longer than the others. Or maybe it was too short, as the conclusion wrapped up a handful of loose ends in the last 20 pages.
Thankfully I wasn't disappointed, annoyed or angry as I can be with some series books. But again I warn you that to feel comfortable with this series you should understand Asian culture.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment